Note: The pre-conference module will not be organised in 2022.
The Student Conference on Conservation Science - Bengaluru (SCCS-Bng) is a conference that aims to facilitate interaction and exchange of research ideas and methods, and build contacts and capacity of young researchers in all aspects of conservation science. SCCS is an equal opportunity and an inclusive conference. SCCS-Bng is actively working to reach students in more regions and from all sections of Indian society.
Since its inception in 2010, one of the most important aspects of SCCS-Bng has been its strong emphasis on workshops and other capacity-building activities. As part of the conference’s continued efforts in this direction, the 2019 edition will continue to host “Pre-conference module on conservation science and practice” for selected students that was introduced in 2018. This module is targeted at students from underrepresented groups and/or from rural colleges and institutions in India that have not been represented in SCCS in earlier years. We aim to take about 15 students this year.
Who can apply?
We invite applications from students, especially from underrepresented groups (economic, social, religious, gender, physical ability, language of education) from across India to apply to this pre-conference training module. In order to apply, please read the instructions and information given below carefully.
- 1. The module is scheduled for five days preceding the conference and will cover a range of topics in conservation sciences.
- 2. The costs for this module, including train/bus fares will be covered by SCCS-Bengaluru for the selected students.
- 3. Students selected for this module will get a full waiver on registration fees to attend SCCS-Bengaluru 2019.
- 4. The module will cover introduction and discussion around topics pertinent to conservation, such as biodiversity conservation, conservation ethics, human-animal conflict, political ecology, local community participation in conservation, pros- and cons- of using market-based conservation tools, current environmental, developmental agendas, sustainability, and gender and conservation among others.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE / Instructions:
- 1. Application process -
- a. Download the word document (*.doc/.docx) attached below
- b. Fill up the application form on your computer.
- c. Check that you have all the supporting documents requested as part of the application (see application form for document details).
- d. Scan your supporting documents. Please check that you have all documents.
- e. Upload the completed application form (*.doc/.docx) along with all supporting files and email to SCCS admin at firstname.lastname@example.org AND KrishnapriyaTamma at email@example.com, with the subject line - ‘SCCS pre-conference module APPLICATION’.
2. Timeline / deadline for application – The pre-conference module will not be organised in 2022.
3. WORD DOC provided. Please do not convert to pdf.